Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The picture that started it all

So here it is. A couple weeks ago Jason and I went to my Grandpa's birthday party. It was sort of a big deal and I got a nice new dress for the occasion.

I suited up with my spanx and control top hose as I normally do. I went to that party and felt like I looked really nice. In fact I would go so far as to say that I looked great. It is sort of rare that I feel like this anymore. But for whatever reason I felt great that night.

Then I saw the pictures of that party.

This one stuck out the most.

I have so much spandex going on under that dress that all my fat is being squished out the arm hole.
I can't remember the last time I was so ashamed of my appearance. Not only that, but it completely invalidates the way I felt that night. It made me question all of my super cute outfits that I "think" they look fine and great. Am I just blind to not see how horrible I look? I can hardly trust my own judgment.

And so here we are. I have had it with feeling ashamed to be this big. I have been blaming it on baby fat. But truth is my baby is almost 3. I have no more excuses. It is time for action.

I have stepped it up the past week with my walking regimen. I walk 5 days a week.I walk 40 minutes (or 2.5 miles which ever comes first) with 1 minute intervals of jogging. It is all I can do right now, but I plan on stepping it up as I go. Today I stepped it up to 3 miles and 50 minutes. Baby steps.

I have been watching portions and trying to get on board with the weight watchers point system. I do fine most days but some days pizza just sounds good.

In the past week I have lost 3.5 lbs. So I am feeling pretty good about that. But I am in this for the long haul. Not just a quick fix. I want to change my habits and have a healthy lifestyle.

So yeah. Here I am and this is my plan.

I will get some "before" pictures and take frequent pictures to chronicle my journey.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome idea lady. Seriously. I found that I had the most success when I made myself accountable and this blog is the perfect way to do that. And baby steps are the best way to plan it out. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can totally relate to the "picture that tells the awful truth" scenario. I've had many of those myself, which is why I banned all pictures of myself for a while. This is awesome. I will definitely be following you and rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete